Home
поздравления с новорожденным

Recent Alarms

Aircraft Crash

On 8/25/2016 just after 7:00 pm Otter Creek Fire Dept. was called to the scene of an Aircraft crash into a house. OCFD personnel removed 2 patients from the Aircraft and were both flown to undisclosed hospitals. The crash remains under investigation. 

 

Rosnett Enterprises Fire

On June 2nd, OCFD was dispatched to 5052 N 13th st for reports of a fire.  Upon arrival personnel found approximately 1,000 pallets and several semi trailers on fire.  Big thanks to Terre Haute Fire Dept, Seelyville, Sugar Creek, New Goshen, and Shepardsville fire departments for their assistance with this fire.

6 2 16Web

 

Country Rhodes/OCFD Dinner

 On April 30, OCFD hosted a Country Rhodes dinner at Station 1 on Clinton St.  There was a fantastic turnout, serving just short of 700 people!

 DSC0864

Chief's Desk

Stay Safe This Holiday Season

CHIMNEYS:

As Winter quickly approaches us, we need to think SAFETY first.  Before you throw that first log into your fireplace, make sure you have your chimney professionally inspected for any blockages, creosote buildup, etc. It is recommended that you have your chimney and fireplace inspected annually.

Here is a few tips to keep your chimney safe.

PREVENT DANGEROUS FIRES

PREVENT CARBON MONOXIDE DANGERS

INSTALL A CHIMNEY CAP

INSPECT CHIMNEY FLASHING

INSPECT MASONRY

CONSIDER WATERPROOFING

HAVE YOUR CHIMNEY CLEANED ANNUALLY

 

SPACE HEATERS:

Portable electric space heaters can be a great alternative heat source during the cold winter months. However, they can be very dangerous. Heating equipment is said to be the

second leading cause of home fires in the United States. More than 65,000 home fires are attributed to heating equipment each year. These fire result in hundreds of deaths,

thousands of injuries and millions of dollars in property damage. Here are some basic things to keep in mind for safety.

BEFORE USING YOUR SPACE HEATER, READ YOUR OWNER'S MANUAL

INSPECT YOUR HEATER, MAKING SURE THE CORDS AREN'T TORN OR FRAYED.  IF YOU FIND ANY DAMAGE, DO NOT USE THE HEATER

NEVER LEAVE A HEATER UNATTENDED.  TURN IT OFF IF YOU ARE LEAVING THE HOUSE OR GOING TO SLEEP.

NEVER PLACE A HEATER NEAR CURTAINS, CLOTHING OR FURNITURE.

KEEP CHILDREN AWAY FROM HEATERS.

PLUG HEATER DIRECTLY INTO WALL OUTLETS.  DO NOT USE EXTENSION CORDS.

BE SURE THE HEATER IS SITTING ON LEVEL SURFACE.  NEVER PLACE A HEATER ON CABINETS, SHELVES, TABLES ETC.

MAKE SURE SMOKE DETECTORS HAVE FRESH BATTERIES.

 

CHRISTMAS TREES AND DECORATIONS

Christmas trees and other decorations can be very appealing but there may be risks involved.  To minimize risk, follow a few basic safety precautions.

NEVER PLUG MULTIPLE ELECTRICAL CORDS INTO AN EXTENSION CORDS.  USE A POWER STRIP WITH A BUILT IN CIRCUIT BREAKER.

IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO DECORATE OUTDOORS, MAKE SURE THE LIGHTS AND OTHER ELECTRIC DECORATIONS ARE RATED FOR OUTDOOR USE.

WHETHER YOUR LIGHTS ARE BRANE NEW OR HAVE BEEN USED IN THE PAST, INSPECT YOUR LIGHTS AND EXTENSION CORDS FOR DAMAGE OR WEAR.

IF CORDS OR PLUGS ARE DAMAGED, DISCARD AND REPLACE IT.

ALWAYS UNPLUG LIGHTS BEFORE CHANGING BULBS, REPLACING FUSES, OR MAKING OTHER REPAIRS.  BE SURE NOT TO EXCEED THE MAXIMUM WATTAGE RATING OF THE LIGHTS IF YOU NEED TO CONNECT THEM END-TO-END.

Where have we been?

Run Total As Of 12/2/2016 - 724
made with love from Joomla.it